PISCES competition - POLISH ICELANDIC SCHOLARSHIP - EXCHANGE STUDIES
The Faculty of Management of the University of Gdańsk and the University of Akureyri in cooperation with North Atlantic Producers Organization organize a competition aiming to support for polish students willing to study at the University of Akureyri under the frame of the Erasmus exchange programme.
The objectives of the Competition are:
a. Strengthening the Polish and Icelandic fisheries sector by providing qualified and experienced human resources;
b. Increasing the exchange of knowledge and good practices between the academic and business sectors;
c. Financial support for talented students focusing on scientific interests related to the fisheries sector, quality and safety of food and food processing;
d. Promotion of student exchange between Polish and Icelandic universities.
Students from the University of Gdańsk, the Faculty of Management, field of study: Management can apply for the scholarship.
Inauguration of PISCES Contest
North Atlantic Producers Organization Ltd. in cooperation with the Faculty of Management at the University of Gdańsk and the University of Akureyri School of Business and Science in Iceland undertook the organization of a scholarship contest, which aim is to support Polish students willing to study at the University of Akureyri under the Erasmus Scholarship Program. The event inaugurating the PISCES competition (Polish Icelandic Scholarship - Exchange Studies) took place on November 7, 2018 at the Faculty of Management at the University of Gdańsk.
photo: Promotion Unit of University of Gdansk
PROGRAM COUNCIL HAS SELECTED THE PISCES ESSAYS' TOPIC
Program Council Members have decided that PISCES essay topis for this year edition will be:
Quality management driven by innovations - influence of storage and transportation conditions of frozen herring, mackerel and cod on quality and processing.
Border conditions of the essays:
- Max. 15 pages A4 + title page, table of contents, bibliography,
- Font: Times New Roman, size: 12 pts.
- Leading: 1,15 pts.
- only digital format – MS Word/OpenOffice Writer and PDF formats (2 files).
PISCES Honorary Council 2018/2019
The Honorary Council consists of:
- Minister of Maritime Economy and Inland Navigation – Mr. Marek Gróbarczyk
- Minister of Fisheries and Agriculture of the Republic of Iceland – Mr. Kristján Þór Júlíusson
- Ambassador of the Republic of Poland in Reykjavik - H.E. Gerard Pokruszyński
- Ambassador of the Republic of Iceland in Berlin - H.E. Martin Eyjólfsson
PISCES Program Council 2018/2019
The Program Council consists of representatives of:
- the University of Gdańsk : Angelika Kędzierska-Szczepaniak, PhD, prof. Małgorzata Wiśniewska
- the University of Akureyri: Ögmundur Knútsson, PhD
- the North Atlantic Producers Organization (NAPO) : Maciej Kisiel
- Samherji HF : Unnar Jónsson.